Thursday, March 8, 2012

The seven laws of life

This book “the seven spiritual laws of life” by Deepak Chopra is a very good book. This is a guide on how to live your life in peace with just a little amount of stress.

I've been reading this book for a few weeks. It's somewhat more complex and requires time to unravel and let the concepts sink in. It's definitely readable,

I have just had to read one chapter at a time and let the "laws" sink in one at a time before exploring the next. It shifts the thinking about the universe and our place in it. Rather than approach us as "stardust" or inconsequential, it challenges the individual to see that we are the center of OUR universe and we have to deliberately create what surrounds us and what is inside of us...it's a chicken/egg kind of thing that takes some philosophical thought to digest. Very fun reading! Pushes the envelope on spirituality.
                                        
What really helped me about this book was Deepak's "universal meditation" thing at the end where he asks everyone to focus on a specific spiritual law on a specific day. So for about a year, I did this. Sunday, being conscious of the Law of Pure Potentiality, for instance. This practice helped me to be more centered and aware. I just thought that this was a good book and I wanted to share my opinion.
         

          

No comments:

Post a Comment