Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bridge to Terabithia post # 2 (elaborated)

          Rereading question: Why do you think Jess threw away all of his paints and papers away? Have you ever had that feeling? 


           My opinion on why he threw all of his paints away is because, for him, it was hard to cope with the fact that Leslie is dead, his friend, his guidance! Gone, forever. Jess who was in a fit of rage, threw all the art supplies that Leslie gave him. (poor guy)


            After his state of anger, he felt lost again, and he's all alone again. That's where the bonding with his dad really begins. Jess started to worry how will he survive without
her, but Jack tried to encourages him with this quote:

"Jack Aarons: She brought you something special when she came here, didn't she? That's what you hold onto. That's how you keep her alive.
         
         And after Jack calms Jess down, Jess will later come to peace and accept that Leslie is gone, plus a few of his demons have finally come to rest, Knowing as long as he's still breathing Leslie lives on. 


           I've been upset a couple of times in my life, but never in Jess' level of rage. I wish I could understand his experience, but I can't. I admit I've been pushed to rage, but I manage it with self control throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment