Thursday, October 20, 2011

Praise the godless one!!

           In the book I’m reading Godless by Pete Hautman, It tells the story of a kid named Jason Bock who’s been saying that he’s 100% agnostic-going-on-atheist on Christianity. So instead he tries to create his own new and completely original religion.

Chutengodians, but this god doesn’t worship Jehovah nor Christ, but a water tower, you’re probably thinking “a water tower, a Water Tower??!!” I know it sounds silly, but I think that it’s a good idea. I think this because Jason could finally start something fresh, to follow his own way of life (religiously), and maybe inspiring some people in the process.
            I don’t really think I could relate to this book religiously; however anybody who questioned his/her religion could put themselves in Jason’s shoes. I think I could relate with his curiosity and imagination. For instance, when Jason had no religion to turn to, I guess he thought to himself “Well life and water are so precious, and since the water tower supports those needs, why not make a religion worshipping the water tower?” Jason tries to plan everything for his new religion ads, preaching and even trying to write their own bible.
            All and all, I have not read the end yet and Jason Bock may not have inspired a lot of people into the Chutendogians, but he’s inspired me in imagination, curiosity, and creativity so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment