Thursday, November 3, 2011

Miracles can happen

Who brings or represents Justice? Who we might typically assume?
          In my book Miracle at Monty middle school, by Mary. A. Monroe, I think Mr. Martin brings justice to Melvin and the other kids with academic problems. I believe Mr. Martin brings justice because Mr. Martin has inspired these kids to be confident in themselves and he also gave the students the help and tutoring they need.

In the beginning of the book, Melvin did not have anyone to help him, he pretty much fails a lot classes. Even the middle school tries to hide him and the 11 other students, in room 122 at the far end of the school, for a D.O.P (Drop Out Prevention) class. So I guess Mr. Martin practically brings the justice through out the story.

          I have just started this book but I can already tell who’s bringing the peace and justice and I know who’s going to block it. If I keep reading this book eventually I can find something in the story that I can relate to...



3 comments:

  1. I like how you gave two examples in the beginning of the book. I also like how you focused on one question and predicted. Maybe you should elaborate more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your specific examples. Like how you mention that they are in the back classroom, because the school is kind of ashamed of them. You talk about how Mr. Martin brings justice, but maybe talk about the person you said you thought would block justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this blog post is really well written because you give specific examples and also you use the case of Melvin, the main character, to show Mr. Martin's effect on him.

    ReplyDelete